Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Master Cleanse anyone?



During early December I was literally obsessed with the idea of completing the master cleanse. Went out to B&N on Christmas Eve and used my company holiday gift card to purchase The Complete Master Cleanse and read it religiously. Yes, the bf figured I had completely lost my mind. I was preparing myself for a 7-10 day fast. Within the next few days I stopped by Wholefoods and purchased the ingredients...which was basiclly grade B maple syrup, organic lemons, organic cayenne pepper, purified water, un-iodized sea salt (for the salt water flush) and Smooth Move (herbal laxative).

As I mentally prepared myself and began the cleanse I was confident that I could only drink this for 7-10 days, feel healthier, have energy and lose 5-8 lbs!

Well let me tell you one thing...I only lasted a good 23 hours. Eventually having to give in to food. Ended up getting a sore throat from the lemon juice and cayenne pepper and even started a low fever.

It's finally March and I have been eating like a fat cow. Coffee + extra sugar + girl scout cookies for breakfast, burritos, cheese, sweets. If it's bad for you believe me I've consumed it. Point is it's starting to take a toll and I can't even get enough energy to jog a mile here and there.

I'm going to attempt the Master Cleanse very soon...possibly this Thursday and I will keep this blog as a master cleanse diary.

-Jean*

No comments:

Post a Comment